I have mentioned shields many times, but I have not gone into detail the importance and uses of shields.
One of the most important things to learn when beginning any energy work, I think, is to ground and to build a proper shield. A shield can be used defensively, or offensively. It may be attached to a person, place, or even an object. Today I’ll be discussing defensive shields, as I feel that these types are the safest kind to learn first.
When creating a shield, you will want to think about what purpose it will serve. If you are more advanced, you many want to either assign several duties to one shield, or create several for separate purposes. I suggest making one simple shield to start out. The purpose of these shields will be for first line defense.
I am going to give some examples of shield types that I have used, or other practitioners use. You can use any of shields, or create your own.
Egg Shield: This is probably the most popular among Pagan and New Age practitioners. It is pretty easy to make and sustain. It can get rid of minor curses and negative energy types. Many people see this shield as a beautiful prismatic egg surrounding the body, including underneath it. This simple technique has easy upkeep.
Teflon: The Teflon Shield is quite sturdy, especially for anything purposefully directed at you. This allows the curse, entity, etc., to slide off. It is a similar shape to the Egg Shield, however, with this shield you will imagine a black, slick surface.
Energy Destruction Shield: This is probably the most complicated, and will take the most upkeep. This shield basically destroys everything sent, or in your path, that it’s programmed to neutralize. This effectively kills everything permanently, including weaker attachments.
Vine/Branch Shield: This is a unique shield that doesn’t get rid of anything, but like the Egg Shield, just keeps it out. I feel this one is a little tougher than the Egg Shield, because you are building a more physical than energetic shield. This one is quite simple to imagine, and has minimal upkeep. You simply imagine vines or branches tightly concealing your body. For those that work with nature, you may like this shield, because you can extend the shield into the earth to ground.
Fortress/Wall Shield: The Fortress shield is another common one, especially for purely defensive purposes. Simple yet effective, it is does exactly what it sounds like – stop barrages of energy and entity attacks. Fortress shields are also highly versatile, as it is easy to add combination shields to its programming. These do take more upkeep than most of the shields, as you’ll want to reinforce this shield daily, especially in the beginning.
It is up to you to choose a shield that works for you best. Sometimes it takes awhile to decide what type of shield fits you best. I would suggest trying a shield for at least 28 days – from Full Moon to Full Moon would be best. This allows for you to adjust to the shield.
How Do I Create a Shield?
Some shields are easier to create than others. While keeping this in mind, I will give you simple instructions to construct your shield.
- Find a quiet place to sit or stand. It is important that your spine is straight during this process.
- Close your eyes and take four deep meditative breaths.
- Do a grounding meditation. This will help you be firmly within your body and focused. You can find a grounding meditation here.
- You will now construct your shield through visualization. You will imagine the type of shield you wish to construct. Allow the intention energy to flow from the Soul Chakra (18 inches above the head) downward and around your body. Feel the boundaries of the shield. Feel the energy of the shield. See the shield encompassing your whole body, including around the ethereal energy exuding out of your body. You want to make sure that shield has no holes or openings, and seal every one that you find.
- You will want to visualize this every day for at least week. I suggest every day for a month if this is a new technique you are working on. Depending on how much energy the shield operates on, you will need to do weekly to monthly upkeep on your shields.
As you become stronger, and better at building shields, you can combine or add more shields. Experimenting with shields is also something you may consider after becoming adept at maintaining a shield for at least three months.
Remember that for some types of shields you do need an opening any time you do magic, or your magic may become trapped. I would suggest being in a protective circle while doing magic when you first begin using shields, too. After doing what you need to do, you will need to reseal your shields, then you can drop the protective circle.
Stay safe, stay protected.
January 12, 2018 8:25 P.M.
Photo credit: Found on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/488922103267346122/